About .se Domains
The Internet Infrastructure Foundation is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .se extension that represents Sweden.
Who can register .se domains?
Anyone can register a .se domain, however, if the registrant is an organization or company, they must provide the VAT number. If the registrant is a individual, the individual's personal ID number will need to be listed in the VAT field.
When registering a .se domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name), Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported, Finnish, Meänkieli (Tornedalsfinska), Sami, Romany, and Yiddish characters, as well as other Nordic language characters can be used. Click here for a complete list.
- Registration length: 1 - 10 years
- Renewal length: 1 - 10 years
- Your .se domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain is set to auto-renew or manually renew. We attempt auto-renewal on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date.
- If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- For example, if your .se domain name expires Oct. 10, we attempt auto-renewal Sept. 1, Sept. 10, and Sept. 20. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name, you must manually renew it by Sept. 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- IDN: Not Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant first name, last name, company name, or country on a .se domain, please contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-5 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
- See About self-managed DNSSEC for information on enabling DNSSEC for your .se domain name and About Self-Managed DNSSEC for information on the digital signature (DS) fields required for it.
- NS updates can take up to 5 days to complete.
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .se domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.