Managing app passwords
- Log in to OWA with your Office 365 email address and password.
- Enter the verification code that has been sent to your phone or use the Microsoft Authenticator app to prove you're authorized to use your email account.
- After you're logged in, go to the app passwords page.
- Select the create button.
- Enter the Name of the device that will be using this app password, and select next.
- Your app password will be displayed. Select copy password to clipboard and click close to display the new list of App Passwords.
- Enter the copied app password into the password prompt of the application you're authenticating.
- You can delete app passwords from the same dashboard. Just click Delete to the right of the app password name and confirm that you want to delete it.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- Managing Multi-Factor Authentication
Note: While we link to Azure for this process, our scope of support for Azure ActiveDirectory is limited. We provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.